Visit Barcelona – one of Europe’s top city breaks
Staying in Barcelona is a must to really get a sense of the city, it is one of Europe’s top city break destinations. Feast your eyes on jewels of home-grown Catalan architecture and contemporary design, markets that are a treat to the senses, treasures of the ancient Roman and medieval city, and parks where you can sit and unwind whilst you explore this amazing city.
As well as strolling through the Catalan capital’s lush parks, there are plenty of other great value ways to enjoy a Barcelona city break. With seven beaches and 4.5km of coastline to explore, it’s easy to find a peaceful pitch for a spot of sunbathing. Meandering down the famous tree-lined avenue Las Ramblas is also a must, with plenty of bustling street performers, mimes and human statues to keep you entertained. Here you’ll also find an abundance of kiosks selling souvenirs, flowers and local delicacies such as churros.
Enjoying food and drink on city breaks to Barcelona is another highlight not to be missed. Indulge in fine dining in the L’Eixample region or sample delicious seafood paella along the coast for a taste of Catalan cuisine. For those on budget Barcelona breaks, the myriad of tapas bars on offer provide tasty bite-sized dishes starting from just a few Euros each.
- Return flights from Edinburgh Airport (Other Scottish airports available)
- 3 Nights accommodation at the 3* Sunotel Aston
- Breakfast on each morning of your stay
Barcelona Must Do’s
Explore Barcelona and take in a few of these iconic sights
- Take a trip Europe’s biggest theme park at PortAventura
- Explore the Boqueria Market to seek out some special souvenirs
- Pay a visit to the Nou Camp Football Stadium to see a piece of sporting history
- Enjoy the city’s vibrant nightlife in the Domino Bar, the perfect place for a fruity cocktail
- Take a pleasant stroll along the boardwalk and admire the panoramic views
- Head to a tapas and flamenco evening to soak up the Spanish culture